|CPU||Centrality AT642D 372Mhz|
|OS||Windows CE 5.0|
|Sound||Built-in speaker + 3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack|
|Battery||1000 mAh rechargeable Li-ion|
All this for 47.99$CAN at Canadian Tires (item 099-1981-04)? Nice! The device plays MP3 and divx out of the box.
There are different versions of this Curtis GPS.
With internal flash
This unit has 2GB of internal flash. It doesn't come with an SD card (although it does have an SD slot).
In Settings/System Info you'll see a line that begins with MLC.
Without internal flash
This unit doesn't have internal flash. It comes with an SD card, where the stock software is stored.
YF International also has the 66C-2 which looks identical to the GPD359.
- Contains the stock GPS software.
- Contains the stock UI and utilities.
- Appears to be a backup of the registry hives.
Directories worth noting
- The SD card.
- /My Documents
- If you have two of these, one of them is the SD card.
|Sygic GPS||/ResidentFlash/Coship Navi/Drive/Drive.exe|
The unit comes with Sygic DRIVE version 7.6.080820 | Build 0/1398 D.
The maps are TeleAtlas, version 7.54.
Disabling the "Accept screen"
Credit: toyfountain's post
- Plug the USB from your Curtis GPS to your computer and choose the manual method to connect with ActiveSync
- You can click on "Explore" in the ActiveSync GUI or click on the "Mobile Device" drive located in "My Computer"
- Go to the folder \ResidentFlash\Coship Navi\DRIVE
- Copy the file "Settings.ini" to your computer in order to edit
- Once it's copied, open it with Notepad and :
modify this line from:
;if you dont want to show safety message box at the start showSafetyMsg=true
;if you dont want to show safety message box at the start showSafetyMsg=false
Save the file and overwrite the old one located in \ResidentFlash\Coship Navi\DRIVE
If you wish to re-activate the "Accept Screen", follow the same procedure but place a false value instead.